FRIDAY NIGHT BLUES JAM REGISTRATION
All Jam spots are taken sorry! Thank you to everyone that applied.
If you missed a spot – still come on the night, you never know, it is a Jam and surprises can happen.
And don’t forget there is also our busking tent on the Saturday 16th in the Festival Food Court, you can strut your stuff here!
Come jam with us! Friday Night Jam at Bruthen Inn Hotel 15th February, 2019. Fill out the form below and get amongst it!
The Bruthen Blues and Arts Festival Friday Night Jam, on 15th Februrary 2019, is an opportunity for keen amateur solo musicians and bands to get up and play a short set to the welcoming blues festival crowd. We have 4 different prizes to win. Jammers can either win a spot at the Saturday Night Blues Cafe, 16th February, or play at new festival event on the Saturday, The Undergound, an acoustic buskers stage located in the Bruthen Rail Trail tunnel. Or win a Weekend Pass (access to all venues!). And for the first time, jammers can go in to win a 6hr recording session at Bruthen Music! WOW!
Judges will look for musicians that capture the spirit of jamming and classic blues music (actually, all music welcome!). They also look for performance, originality, delivery, skill and definitely entertainment style. And this is live jamming only, so no pre-recorded backing tracks thanks.
The famous local event was how this festivel started back in 1995, and today marks the opening of 3 days of great blues music. The jam night has created some of the best festival memories and what a way to start the weekend.
Here are the 5 basic rules:
- strictly no more than 2 songs, and no more than 10 minutes. And this includes set-up/pack- down time. The Friday Night Jam is so popular, we need to fit you all in!
- spots are limited. Entries will be accepted until all places are filled
- you will be notified that your application has been received, confirming your spot
- if, by some miracle, there are remaining spots on the night, artists can register at the venue front of house
- winners are announced on the night, so it would be great if you could stick around to collect your prize. BUT if you are not around, we will leave a message on your phone. Please reply to message by 11am the next day [except winner of The Underground set – see below]
And remember folks – this is competition! You will be judged on the following:
- ability to JAM!
- stage presence
- audience response