Did you know that the Bruthen Blues and Arts Festival is a 100% volunteer event?
We need your skills!
Thanks in advance, you’re a legend.
The Bruthen Blues & Arts Festival continues to provide a range of entertainment for all the family. Friday night starts with the reason the Festival exists: the Bruthen Blues Jam at the Bruthen Inn Hotel. On Saturday, festival goers can enjoy Free Music in the lovely main street gardens with Market Stalls and activities available for the whole family. This gives way to the main events during the evening – The Big Blues Bash at the Bruthen Inn Hotel, and the Blues Café at the Bruthen Mechanics Hall. On Sunday morning there is a non-denominational church service, followed by more free music, market stalls, and the Street Parade, followed by the traditional Duck Race held on the Tambo River. The weekend is topped off with the Blues Recovery on the Sunday afternoon at the Bruthen Inn Hotel.
The Blues planning committee has been volunteering their time in the months of planning leading up to the festival. On the weekend of the Festival we need volunteers to make sure it all comes together. For your effort, you will receive free admission to some or all of the events over the weekend, depending on how much time you donate.
What Will You Do?
In the weeks before the Festival:
- Preparation and Setting Up: We will require support to fold and distribute programs and posters and to prepare venues and other aspects of the festival.
- Promotion & publicity: Support to distribute information and promotional materials for the festival. This may also involve putting together info packages etc. If you have other skills in photography or event documentation, these could be well utilised as well!!
On the weekend of the Festival:
- Help setup venues and street decorations.
- Help setting and packing up venues over the weekend.
- Help venue managers at the door of an event.
- Sell raffle tickets, merchandise etc.
- Help with the setup of the market and the main street sites.
- Help setup and changeovers at the Street Stage.
- Help out at the Street Parade and the Duck Race held on the Sunday (carrying props, acting as “duck wrangler”, “duck catcher”, “duck race judge” etc)
- Conduct evaluation surveys with festival-goers.
- Helping to clean up and pack up after the festival.
- Helping at the festival information stand.