Did you know that the Bruthen Blues and Arts Festival is a 100% volunteer event?
We need your skills!
Thanks in advance, you’re a legend.
The Blues planning committee has been volunteering their time in the months of planning leading up to the festival. On the weekend of the Festival we need volunteers to make sure it all comes together. For your effort, you will receive free admission to some or all of the events over the weekend, depending on how much time you donate.
What Will You Do?
In the weeks before the Festival:
- Preparation and Setting Up: We will require support to fold and distribute programs and posters and to prepare venues and other aspects of the festival.
- Promotion & publicity: Support to distribute information and promotional materials for the festival. This may also involve putting together info packages etc. If you have other skills in photography or event documentation, these could be well utilised as well!!
On the weekend of the Festival:
- Help setup venues and street decorations.
- Help setting and packing up venues over the weekend.
- Help venue managers at the door of an event.
- Sell raffle tickets, merchandise etc.
- Help with the setup of the market and the main street sites.
- Help setup and changeovers at the Street Stage.
- Help out at the Street Parade and the Duck Race held on the Sunday (carrying props, acting as “duck wrangler”, “duck catcher”, “duck race judge” etc)
- Conduct evaluation surveys with festival-goers.
- Helping to clean up and pack up after the festival.
- Helping at the festival information stand.